Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kapas in my mind…..

I finally took that dip.


How can I not?


When you had the chance to be waist deep in crystal clear water, with school of fish, thousands and thousands of them, swarming after the dissolving biscuit in your hand, time it seems, passes away so very slowly.


And as you doze off napping under the shades on the soft sand, worries were light years away.


You were in the moments you could savor for a lifetime. Moments otherwise only captured on Lonely Planet and Samantha Brown on TV.


You could have been in Sipadan, Mauritius or Redang.


I had that moment.


I found that bliss was only fifteen minute boat ride away in Pulau Kapas. To think that my last visit was some fifteen years past and I had let all those time slipped by me.


I would not have take that dip in the water had it not been for my kids and the other half endless pestering and I am glad they did.

No comments: